Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Settling In

So I've officially been in NC for a few days now! If I thought packing was going to be the death of me, unpacking was way worse. I really hate unpacking. Heck, I even dislike putting away the laundry. But I am (mostly) unpacked and settling into a new place! I've had a blast these last few days (with the exception of unpacking, seriously).

So far I've had a pool day where we grilled out, a day of painting the room red, a night out in Raleigh (yes, I turned 21 in June so don't worry..not breaking any laws!) :) and a day out in downtown Raleigh. I even drove downtown!! If you know me, I have super high anxiety about driving in new places- especially cities since I'm from a small town that doesn't even have a stop light. I went and explored campus, found my parking deck, and got my new student ID. When I walked up to the desk where they issue the cards, I told them I needed a student ID and handed her my license. She got a REALY confused look on her face (I guess because I showed up in the computer as an 'exchange student') and asked me if I was a foreign exchange student because she's never met one who talked as southern as me. After I explained I was from USC (the real one in SC) seriously like three guys working there jumped up to take my picture for the card & print it out. As soon as I walked back there is was like an interrogation of USC baseball. Thankfully I've gone to the game my entire life and was able to hold the conversation & answer their questions! I even learned something new... Ray Tanner went to and played at State and later coached there. According to one of the guys, he left because NCSU wouldn't build him a new stadium with lights. Looks like we got the good end of that deal, National Championships and a gorgeous stadium!

I have a lot more to say but I have to finish getting ready and Abby wants to go outside (she's so demanding). I'm going to the movie tonight with some people to see the new batman movie (finally)!


No comments:

Post a Comment